Leaving Indian Veterinary Research Institute

Officially left IVRI, mecca of Indian veterinarians, on 25th of last month but left some of my books, PC & other belongings here in the institute’s guest house. So today I reached IVRI along with a friend, as luggage on the return journey to Haridwar was going to be huge.

Reaching Bareilly to visit IVRI this time was quite a pain & fun too. I was unable to get reservation for either side journey. I blame it on the pilgrims rush to Haridwar in summers while dad blame it on my laziness of not getting up at time to get reservation.

Whatever it may be, but this journey gave me a new experience. While going to Bareilly from Haridwar, that’s yesterday, I reached Haridwar railway station just 15 minutes before the train was actually scheduled to leave. Then I’ve to stand in a long queue of people quarreling to get tickets.
Somehow I managed to get two tickets on time but on reaching train we found the coaches of our train fully packed with perspiring people. We tried hard to get ourselves inside those coaches but in vain.

Suddenly I saw the Guard’s cabin (Break Car) and a tall fat man, in his early 40s, dressed in white shirt and pants chatting to someone on his walkie-talkie. And within a fraction of second of seeing this man a weird thought came to my mind. Yup! I asked railway Guard if we could sit and travel in Break Car (Guard’s coach), hoping that he might be having something better to sit.
Although he agreed to us but all my initial thoughts of traveling on comfy chairs or berths vanished when we faced the reality.
That Break Car was having a single chair intended only for Guard. But later he showed us a small room to sit on the right side of his coach. That space is actually meant for the luggage with nothing close to a place for sitting and traveling.
We both traveled in that luggage compartment. Our backs were fighting hard to have any possible comfort that one could expect to get there  only by frequently changing the sitting postures.

Reaching Bareilly at around 5 O’clock in the morning, I found my eyes lids struggling hard to meet each other and get a sleep of 3-4 hours. So we quickly picked an auto to Izatnagar and reached my hostel in IVRI.

Dr. Vikram, a colleague and M.VSc. student of Vet. Parasitology was generous enough to wake up & open his room’s door that early in the morning for us. We surrendered ourselves to the bed immediately after he took us in and went on one and half hour sleep.

After taking breakfast with my friends, we left IVRI for Haridwar at 10 am along with huge luggage and my PC.

Even with that amount of luggage with us the returning journey is quite an easy task. Was able to get window side berth from which I’m currently enjoying the countryside view and composing this post.
Weather up to Moradabad from Bareilly was very hot but as train cruised towards Haridwar weather started to change, as it was raining since yesterday in Haridwar. I was getting my face washed by cool winds that were coming from this window. Moreover, the grey cloudy sky over the luxuriant greenery of farmlands again provoked the thoughts of her in my mind. So before I start to feel sad and lonely in her thoughts I decided to divert my mind in composing this post.
Not even composed the whole thing and I’m almost reached Haridwar.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s